JOB TITLE: Colombia Communications Officer (CCO)
LOCATION: Bogota, Colombia
RESPONSIBLE TO: South America Programme Director (PD) in Bogota, Colombia and will work in close collaboration with Thematic Co-ordinators; will also work in close association with the LACMESEE Regional Communications Manager (RCM) in London.
3. JOB PURPOSE
To act as SC UK’s communications officer and advisor advocacy for all programmes in Colombia and occasionally in other countries in the sub-region. To take responsibility for the strategic development, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of SC UK’s communications and advocacy work in line with the institution’s national, regional and global priorities. This requires supporting the approved strategic thematic plans through the development of effective communications and advocacy work for SC UK in conjunction with programme staff.
· Completely bilingual (English and Spanish) – with the capacity to write to a high standard in both English and Spanish.
· Excellent writing/journalistic skills and the ability to draft a range of communications materials, including articles, press releases, leaflets, reports, campaign materials etc.
· Experience of developing and implementing a media strategy with national and international media. This includes the ability to proactively develop media contacts, identify potential media stories, pitch stories to media contacts and other press, and the ability to deal with media enquiries.
· An understanding of advocacy and the role of communications in advocacy work — and the ability to contribute to the communications aspect of advocacy campaigns.
· Experience of, and awareness of the sensitivities involved in, collecting case-studies and testimonies from children and project partners for use in communications.
· Good photographic skills – or the ability to develop photographic skills and to take photographs for the Internet and other publications according to SC UK guidelines.
· A good understanding of Brand and the importance of visual identity and brand values to SC UK’s communications.
· Good Knowledge of the political, social and economic context of Colombia.
· Good knowledge of computer programmes, particularly those relating to the storage and retrieval of photosgraphs and written information.
· Ability to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise competing demands, and to meet deadlines.
· Awareness of gender issues, and a commitment to promoting the responsible participation of children and young people in all aspects of Save the Children's work.
· Awareness and understanding of Child Protection Issues
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com
Application deadline 7/08/06